Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 1/2 Cups uncooked white rice(I use brown rice)
4 TBSP olive oil(EVOO)
1 Cup fresh bean sprouts
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 1/2 Cups cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
without tail
1/4 Cup chopped green onion
2 Eggs beaten
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
4 TBSP soy sauce
1/4 tsp sesame oil
GARNISH: Green onion stems and sesame seeds.
In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside and allow rice to cool. (you can substitute minute rice, or I like the Uncle Ben's brown rice in the pouch for a quicker way to go)
Heat a large skillet or wok for 2 minutes and when hot add EVOO, bean sprouts and onions. Cook for 3 minutes, mixing well.
Mix in cooled rice and shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Mix in green onions, eggs, salt, pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook another 4 minutes, stirring continuously until eggs are cooked and everything is blended evenly. Garnish with green onion stems and sesame seeds. Wine Pairing: Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer or Zinfandel. Beer Pairing: Amber Ale
I made this recipe as a side this evening and paired it with a stir fry. I had to modify the veggies(for lack of having), but it turned out great. Thanks for sharing, YUM! :)
ReplyDelete